Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Confident and beyond...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Morgenthaler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    196
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi guys.
    This young drummer put a smile on my face.
    He compares himself to Donati, Roach, Blakey, Lang and other "innovators" and asked for feedback over at Virgil's site. So he got it....
    He believes to have invented a new style called "technedo"!!

    http://www.virgildonati.com/msgboard...ead.php?t=4231

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tnsolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    167
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Paraflam, Flarob, and Groove are gonna tear this kid a new one.

    I read his posts and he came off very cocky.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member troutbrooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2005
    Posts
    904
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that kid is really delusional. [img]eek.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    cjbdrm
    Guest cjbdrm's Avatar

    Post

    I don't think it's cool to start a thread just for the purpose of ridiculing someone.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member tnsolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    167
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by cjbdrm:
    I don't think it's cool to start a thread just for the purpose of ridiculing someone.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey CJ
    I don't know if that was aimed at me and I'm not tryin' to be a prick but after listening to his playing and reading his posts...
    He just whyned about honest criticizm and dropped names. He wanted opinions and got it then didn't like 'em... well TS

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Suspiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2004
    Posts
    1,358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now I finally know how to make excuses for bad timing and sloppy fills: Just say its your "own style of music" [img]cool.gif[/img]

    Sheesh that was painful to read/listen to.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lol, I have to admit to being roman5. Excuse me for the flaming there, all done in fun but with a healthy dose of truth. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Tom Hipskind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yikes!

    Well, you're only young once.....

  9. #9
    Inactive Member DeSeipel's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Man, I feel sorry for that guy. He said he didn't even own a drumkit, yet claims to have invented a new style? What is that about?

    I think back to when I was 17; I thought I pretty good, fact is I didn't know shit about shit. In fact my job was shoveling shit, lol.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Henry II's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2005
    Posts
    696
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I feel bad for this poor kid. He's obviously a novice and completely self taught, yet, he demonstrates some excellent facility and an interesting approach, albeit mostly undeveloped. But, he'll probably give it all up after his self esteem got repeatedly stomped on. There really is no justification for that kind of treatment. Just because a 16 year old acts like a 16 year old, doesn't mean that he should be treated like one by, supposedly, more mature, experienced drummers.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 23, 2006 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Henry II ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •